Oct 19, 2021
PE 165 - Beginning Baseball
Apparent good health or physician’s approval for participation.
This course is designed to teach the basic fundamental skills of baseball. Emphasis will be on throwing, batting, fielding and basic strategy. This course will also emphasize the benefits of all around fitness and lifetime activity. Time spent in class will be divided between drills and simulated scrimmage situations. The days and time of this class will be arranged by the instructor. Students must provide their own glove to participate.
Guided Practice Hours
2 guided practice hours.
AA General Elective
Up to 3 PE activity credits can be used as general electives in the AA degree.
- The students will demonstrate the ability to perform the fundamental skills of throwing, fielding, and batting
- The students will have demonstrated knowledge of the basic offensive and defensive strategies of baseball
- The students will demonstrate the qualities of team cooperation and sportsmanship
- The students will demonstrate a basic understanding of the principles regarding the value of lifetime fitness
- The students will have demonstrated knowledge of the rules of the game
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)