Dec 02, 2021
PE 172 - Advanced Fitness Lab
Apparent good health or physician’s approval for participation with modification; PE 170 and PE 171 or instructor permission.
This course requires the student to apply the principles of physical fitness to his or her individual situation utilizing the fitness lab setting as well as outside opportunities.
Guided Practice Hours
4 guided practice hours.
AA General Elective
Up to 3 PE activity credits can be used as general electives in the AA degree.
- The student will acquire detailed information concerning lifetime wellness concepts utilizing the fitness lab
- The student will improve cardiovascular efficiency
- The student will improve muscular strength
- The student will improve muscular endurance
- The student will increase flexibility
- The student will positively affect blood pressure
- The student will acquire stress management techniques
- The student will improve body composition
- The student will reinforce a positive self-image
- The student will acquire skills to analyze various types of exercise in terms of individual appropriateness
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)