Oct 22, 2021
PHIL 116 - Ethics and Policy in Healthcare III
PHIL 115 .
NURS 173 .
Explores values, ethics and legal decision-making frameworks and policies used to support the well-being of people and groups within the context of the healthcare professions. This course is presented in a series that builds on the previous course content from introductory concepts to analysis of complex ethical health care issues. This course is embedded into the nursing core courses in an integrated format. This is the third course of five.
1 theory hour.
- Discuss ways in which ineffective interpersonal and interprofessional communication result in harm to healthcare consumers
- Evaluate the legal concepts relevant to healthcare provider practice: Informed Consent, Advanced Directives, and POLST
- Explain the concept of “Just Culture” and its use in healthcare to minimize the risk of errors and improve patient safety
- Explore and ethical dilemma within the context of diversity
- Explore the topic “Social Determinants of Health” presented by Healthy People 2020 and discuss the influence of income, race, ethnicity, and social class on health
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)