Jan 27, 2022
PHYS& 116 - General Physics with Lab III
A continuation of PHYS& 115 , this course covers the third term of the general physics program. It satisfies the pre-curriculum requirements in medicine, dentistry, and related fields. Topics studied include light, electricity, magnetism, optics, atomic and nuclear physics. Physical principles are illustrated with many life science applications. Problem solving and Laboratory practices are integrated with this work.
5 theory hours.
Guided Practice Hours
2 guided practice hours.
AA Specified Elective
Satisfies specified elective requirement for the AA degree.
- To develop critical thinking skills and to expose students to the scientific process and the scientific method
- To help provide students the skills needed to continue learning throughout their lives
- To provide the background in physics needed in a variety of fields
- To develop an awareness and appreciation of some of the achievements and limitations of physics
- Gain experience obtaining and analyzing experimental data
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)