Dec 02, 2021
POLS 102 - Law and Society
ENGL 095 or placement in ENGL& 101 ; READ 090 or placement in college level reading or instructor permission.
Laws affect each and every one of us, impacting both our public and private lives from birth until our death. This course has been designed to provide each student with a basic knowledge and understanding of how the law controls each person’s actions, what rights the individual has under our laws, and how laws are introduced and changed. Law is a system of social thought and behavior and provides the framework within which our disputes are resolved. Law and Society will examine the impact that constitutional law, administrative law, criminal law, civil law, and family law have on the individual.
5 theory hours.
AA Specified Elective
Satisfies social science distribution area B requirement or as a specified elective in the AA degree.
- Develop an understanding of the critical thinking process within the law
- Develop an understanding of the legal concepts of law
- Develop an understanding of problem solving techniques in the legal system
- Develop an understanding of how the law impacts our daily life
- Develop an understanding of how laws are implemented
- Develop an understanding of how laws are applied
- Develop an understanding of the necessary literature within the class setting
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)