Oct 22, 2021
PSYC 115 - Psychosocial Issues in Healthcare II
PSYC 114 .
NURS 172 .
Examines some determinants of health and illness including social, psychological, environmental, spiritual, and cultural dimensions across the lifespan and within the context of healthcare. This course is presented in a series that builds on the previous course content from introductory concepts to analysis of complex psychosocial health care issues. This course is embedded into the nursing core courses in an integrated format. This is the second course of five.
1 theory hour.
- Detect neurologic health problems an alterations in cognition with early health screening and physical assessment strategies
- Perform a comprehensive and rapid focused neurologic examination to manage conditions and promote patient safety related to impaired neurologic function
- Describe patient and family teach methods for drugs related to the treatment of Parkinson’s and Alzheimer’s
- Identify ways to prevent or reduce common risk factors that contribute to functional decline and decrease in quality of life in adults with chronic brain disorders
- Discuss implications of depression related to developmental stage
- Develop nursing diagnoses and goals of care for clients with depression
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)