PSYC 215 - Psychosocial Issues in Healthcare V
Completion of PSYC 214 .
NURS 272 - Advanced Nursing Concepts 2 .
Examines some determinants of health and illness including social, psychological, environmental, spiritual, and cultural dimensions across the lifespan and within the context of healthcare. This course is presented in a series that builds on the previous course content from introductory concepts to analysis of complex psychosocial health care issues. This course is embedded into the nursing core courses in an integrated format. This is the final course of five.
1 theory hour.
- Analyze resources available to ensure cultural competent care across the lifespan
- Describe how cultural belief on mental health can impact current practices for communication and treatments
- Evaluate the socioeconomic effect of psychosocial aspects of health care in relation to availability of services for underserved populations
- Compare and contrast the impacts of the current health care system with foreign systems in relation to mental health issues
- Summarize new and emerging mental health treatments that can alter the care delivered to patients
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)