Jan 27, 2022
PSYC& 100 - General Psychology
Eligible for ENGL& 101 or concurrent enrollment in ENGL 095 .
General Psychology provides a comprehensive introduction to psychology (the scientific study of behavior and mental experience). It is a prerequisite for all advanced psychology courses as well as a requirement for many other majors. This is a survey course of a diverse field. This course covers a broad range of topics, including research strategies, neuroscience, human development, learning, memory, cognition, personality, psychopathology, and social psychology.
5 theory hours.
AA Specified Elective
Satisfies social science distribution area D requirement or specified elective for the AA degree.
- Demonstrate understanding of the Personal Dimensions of Psychology
- Understand and provide examples of individual differences in human behavior
- Be able to think rationally and critically about behavior in order to develop informed opinions by using theories of Psychology
- Apply psychological knowledge to improve study skills
- Demonstrate understanding of the Social Dimensions of Psychology
- Define and understand the diversity of the field of psychology
- Integrate the biological, social, and psychological factors in behavior
- Understand how theories of psychology have been integrated into culture
- Demonstrate understanding of Knowledge Building and the Cognitive Dimension of Psychology
- Be able to use and define basic psychological terminology
- Understand how psychological evidence presented in this course has been acquired through the use of scientific method
- Understand how brain development relates to multiple areas of psychology
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)