Oct 22, 2021
PSYC& 180 - Human Sexuality
Eligible for ENGL& 101 or concurrent enrollment in ENGL 095 .
Human Sexuality provides a comprehensive overview of the science of human sexual development. The course emphasizes an understanding of the important methods, terms, theories, and findings in the field of psychology as it relates to human sexuality.
5 theory hours.
AA Specified Elective
Satisfies specified elective requirement for the AA degree.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the Physiological Dimensions of Human Sexuality:
- Identify various parts of male and female sexual anatomy and be aware of how these parts function
- Describe the changes that occur in a woman during pregnancy and birth, and how these changes affect her interactions with others
- Demonstrate an understanding of the Social Dimensions of Human Sexuality:
- Identify trends and changes in the past and present that influence sexual attitudes and values
- Be aware that some of these values differ from those in other cultures
- Be able to interact with others on a social and sexual basis to achieve fulfilling relationships
- Demonstrate an understanding of Knowledge Building and the Cognitive Dimensions of Human Sexuality:
- Describe the various sexual infections, diseases, and dysfunctions, how their risk can be minimized, and how they can be dealt with if they occur
- Describe methods of pregnancy prevention and termination and discuss their own standards and values related to these issues
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)