Jan 27, 2022
PSYC& 200 - Lifespan Psychology
This course presents a comprehensive overview of the various theories and stages of human development throughout the lifespan. This course may fulfill requirements in human development for nursing, psychology and related occupations.
5 theory hours.
AA Specified Elective
Satisfies specified elective requirement for the AA degree.
- Demonstrate understanding of the Personal Dimensions of Lifespan Psychology
- Develop understanding, skills, and techniques for analyzing human behavior using the methods of science
- Gain a basic understanding of family, play, work, and death and dying as they apply to lifespan development
- Demonstrate understanding of the Social Dimensions of Lifespan Psychology
- Gain a basic understanding of the interaction between genetic and environmental influences on human development
- Demonstrate understanding of Knowledge Building and the Cognitive Dimension of Lifespan Psychology
- Learn and gain mastery over the basic facts and research findings, terminology, principles, and theories important in the various areas of lifespan developmental psychology
- Practice and develop critical thinking skills, and written and oral communications skills as they relate to human development
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)