Oct 22, 2021
PSYC& 220 - Abnormal Psychology
This course provides an introduction to the study of psychological disorders and the theoretical perspectives of psychopathology.
5 theory hours.
AA Specified Elective
Satisfies specified elective requirement for the AA degree.
- Demonstrate understanding of Psychology from a positive perspective
- Students will learn the distinction between the emerging Positive Psychology principles and other theoretical principles of psychology
- Students will be expected to demonstrate applications of core concepts of Positive Psychology and resiliency factors
- Demonstrate understanding of the Personal Dimensions of Positive Psychology
- Students will develop an understanding of resiliency factors and how to use them
- Students will develop an understanding of the dimensions of happiness/subjective well-being and their applications
- Demonstrate understanding of Knowledge Building and the Cognitive Dimension of Positive Psychology
- Students will acquire skills and learn how to implement strengths-based concepts
- Students will become familiar with research that supports the principles, strategies, and skills of Positive Psychology
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)