Oct 18, 2021
PSYCH 250 - Social Psychology
SOC& 101 or PSYC& 100
Social psychology is the scientific study of how people think about, influence, and relate to one another. Social psychology is distinct from other social sciences because of its emphasis upon the way people perceive, comprehend, and interpret the social world.
5 theory hours.
AA Specified Elective
Satisfies specified elective requirement for the AA degree.
- To understand how a social psychological analysis differs from other forms of analysis
- To become familiar with the wide variety of questions and topics that social psychologists study
- To become familiar with classic and contemporary theories in social psychology
- To become familiar with selected research findings, both correlational and experimental
- To appreciate the variety of choices and limitations in the lives of women and men as they are shaped by personal and social factors
- To explore various topic areas through readings, class activities, and discussion and by thinking and writing critically and reflectively
- To question rigid notions about distinctions between the personal and public, individual and society, subjectivity and objectivity, reason and passion
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)