Dec 09, 2021
SOC 112 - Criminology
ENGL 095 or placement in ENGL& 101 ; READ 090 or placement in college level reading or instructor permission.
An in-depth look at the causes of crime and the people who are committing them. Crime trends will be examined and students will become familiar with intervention techniques and methods to reduce criminal activity. Students will research crime trends and prevention strategies of local communities.
5 theory hours.
AA Specified Elective
Satisfies social science distribution area C requirement or may be used as a specified elective in the AA degree.
- Develop an understanding of the crime problem within the United States
- Develop an understanding of reduction techniques and preventive measures
- Develop an understanding of the reasons for and the causes of crime
- Develop an understanding of criminology and its development
- Develop an understanding of the various theories relating to crime
- Develop an understanding of the role government must take in prevention
- Develop an understanding of the necessary literature within the class setting
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)