Oct 22, 2021
SPAN& 122 - Spanish II
SPAN& 121 or instructor permission.
Second class in sequence. Introduction to the four basic skills of listening comprehension, speaking, reading and writing. Develop an awareness of Spanish speaking countries and their cultures.
5 theory hours.
AA Specified Elective
Satisfies humanities distribution area E requirement or specified elective for the AA degree.
Upon successful completion of Spanish 122, students will:
- Be able to respond appropriately (in action, verbally, and in writing) to basic-intermediate oral questions and verbal cues in Spanish
- Be able to effectively engage in basic to intermediate level conversations with other Spanish speakers on a variety of topics in Spanish, including speaking from one’s personal experience and perspectives and eliciting these from others
- Be able to demonstrate comprehension of and paraphrase short to medium-length texts in Spanish
- Be able to compose basic to intermediate level sentences and short to medium length paragraphs in Spanish using appropriate vocabulary and grammatical structures
- Be able to identify and describe Spanish-speaking countries and cultures; identify and explain key differences and similarities between these and the student’s own culture(s)
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)