Oct 18, 2021
THEA 270 - Stage Makeup
ENGL 095 or placement in ENGL& 101 .
Principles of stage makeup including corrective, modeling with paint, three-dimensional, creation of beards and mustaches, and non-realistic. A workshop to develop skills with practical application in stage makeup techniques.
3 theory hours.
AA Specified Elective
Satisfies specified elective requirement for the AA degree.
- Understanding and developing strategies for solving problems/making decisions including using prior knowledge, considering alternative courses of action, assessing potential consequences, developing criteria for evaluating outcomes, refining strategies, and evaluating results
- Accurately observing details and drawing inferences and conclusions based on observations
- Paraphrasing others’ ideas and checking for understanding
- Working cooperatively by conversing and encouraging communication
- Using technology and other resources to obtain information
- Using a variety of media to communicate messages in presentations creatively and effectively
- Using oral English language effectively to engage the audience and adapt to the topic and audience
- Establishing criteria for effective and high quality presentations and using them to evaluate own and others’ presentations
- Using feedback to revise own work
- Developing ideas into written drafts
- Revising writing for ideas, language, audience, and conventions
- Editing own writing for word choice, conventions, and sentence structure
- Using writing conventions (grammar, punctuation, and capitalization) effectively
- Using reading strategies to build understanding
- Using reading skills to develop vocabulary
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)