Oct 22, 2021
TRANS 054 - Transitions Reading II
Appropriate CASAS placement score or instructor permission.
This course is designed to develop the reading skills and strategies needed to improve employability or use in other academic courses. Emphasis is placed on listening and speaking skills necessary for effective communication and the use of technology within the educational environment. This course is intended for students with a goal to move along a pathway to further education or to enhance employability.
Upon completion of Transitions Reading II students will be able to demonstrate their ability to:
- Read Strategically
- Student should question the text
- Student should employ skimming and scanning techniques
- Student should take notes
- Student should determine text structure
- Analyze text
- Student should identify and summarize the purpose, central ideas, and details
- Student should make inferences
- Student should determine unfamiliar words and tone
- Student should evaluate arguments, claims, evidence, fallacies, and appeals
This course does not meet any degree requirements.
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)