TRANS 055 - Transitions English II
Appropriate CASAS placement score.
This course is designed to develop the reading and writing skills needed to pursue further education or employability. Emphasis is placed on improving one’s ability to successfully compose short essay responses through increased understanding of formal writing style, organization, format, sentence structure, and grammar. In addition a focus is placed on the listening and speaking skills necessary for effective communication. This course is intended for students with a high school completion (GED or HS21+), improvement of placement scores, or English Language Acquisition (ELA) goal.
Upon successful completion of this course, students will:
Generate extended responses at an intermediate level
- Student should plan to write based on the writing purpose and audience
- Student should draft and organize writing to include a thesis statement, introduction, body paragraphs, and a conclusion
- Student should evaluate writing
Apply English Conventions at an intermediate level
- Student should employ proper spelling, capitalization, and punctuation
- Student should use correct sentence structure
- Student should use appropriate word choice
This course does not meet any degree requirements.
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)