TRANS 059 - Transitions - GED FastTrack
Appropriate CASAS Placement Scores.
This course will enhance a student’s reading, writing, listening, math, and employability skills by focusing on the curriculum included in the Science, Social Studies, Math and Reading Through Language Arts GED® tests. The content of this course is online and students move through the materials at a self-directed pace with instruction provided. This course is intended for a student with a high school completion (GED) goal to be able to move forward on a pathway to further education or employability.
Students who successfully complete the course will ultimately earn their GED® by showing competency in:
Demonstrating literal and inferential reading/listening skills for comprehension and vocabulary development:
- Show improved literacy skills in reading, writing, and determining the purpose for communicating
- Use reading strategies to determine the meaning of words and phrases related to specified topic/subject
Communicate clearly and effectively:
- Develop ideas into effectively structured draft paragraphs with topic sentence, supporting detail, and concluding sentence
Use mathematical and computational thinking in scientific application:
- Make sense of problems and persevere in solving them.
- Construct viable arguments and critique the reasoning of others
- Model with mathematics
Analyzing and Interpreting Data:
- Identifying the US governmental structure and key events in civil rights
- Analyzing current world issues
- Demonstrating an understanding between economics and history
- Asking questions for science
Apply technology to enhance learning:
- Use technology, including the internet, to enhance learning
This course does not meet any degree requirements.
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)