Oct 18, 2021
TRANS 061 - Adult High School Completion - Fine Arts
Appropriate CASAS Placement Scores; HS21+ Assessment Completed.
This course will enhance a student’s reading and writing skills by focusing on teaching an artistic understanding and appreciation of art in the Western world to enhance understanding of Western social and cultural history and art. Writing content will emphasize writing style, organization, format, sentence structure, and grammar. Course materials are provided in an online learning environment. This course is intended for a student with a high school completion (HS21+) goal to move forward on a pathway to further education or employability.
Students who successfully complete the course will:
- Demonstrate subject comprehension and vocabulary development
- Recognize the significance of major periods and styles of art
- Be able to identify major works of art
- Develop vocabulary as a foundation for appreciating the arts of other cultures and time periods
- Demonstrate skills in reading, reasoning, and communication
- Write clearly and effectively
- Pay attention to conventions of English language use
- Demonstrate skills in reasoning and application
- Use critical thinking skills to recognize art objects as vital expressions of cultural values
- Present ideas and information effectively
This course does not meet any degree requirements.
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)