TRANS 065 - College Readiness I - Intro to Success
Appropriate CASAS scores.
This course will enhance a student’s reading, writing, speaking, listening and employability knowledge in a context of transitioning along a pathway to a degree or employment. Content emphasized in class includes time and money management, short and long term goals, selfawareness, resources, and information literacy. This course is designed to increase a student’s mastery of the personal and educational skills and knowledge necessary to reach personal, educational and employability goals.
Students who successfully complete this course will:
Demonstrate literal and inferential reading/listening skills for comprehension and vocabulary development:
- Use critical thinking skills to determine which study and test preparation strategies are most useful for them
- Have the ability to create a time management plan that demonstrates the ability to balance the priorities of their life and college, including how to manage stress
Communicate clearly and effectively:
- Demonstrate help-seeking behavior daily
- Be able to create and effectively communicate information with technology
Demonstrate skills in mathematical reasoning and application:
- Develop a funding plan for college; complete the financial aid application process
Apply technology to enhance learning:
- Be able to show an enhanced understanding of technology and Canvas including how to do assignments, quizzes, discussions and sending a message
- Be able to use technology to find and evaluate information
This course does not meet any degree requirements.
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)