Oct 19, 2021
TRANS 067 - Adult High School Completion - Health/PE
Appropriate CASAS placement scores; HS21+ assessment completed.
This course is designed to develop reading, writing, listening and employability skills related to living a healthy and safe life. Content focuses on learning basic First Aid and CPR skills. This course is competency based and uses online content. Successful completion of the course can result in a student earning First Aid/CPR certifications. The class is intended for students with a high school completion (HS21+) or employability goal.
Students who successfully complete the course will:
- Demonstrate subject comprehension and vocabulary development
- Understand different systems of the human body and how they interact
- Use reading as a means to learn fundamental concepts and how they relate to overall health
- Demonstrate skills in reading, reasoning, and communication
- Demonstrate knowledge of the effects of the external environment on the human body
- Write clearly and effectively
- Present ideas and information effectively
This course does not meet any degree requirements.
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)