TRANS 072 - College Readiness III - Transition to College
Appropriate CASAS scores.
This course will enhance a student’s reading, writing, math, speaking and listening and employability knowledge in a context of demonstrating an understanding of their pathway to post-secondary education and employment. Course content will emphasize how to make a successful transition to college level coursework, funding resources, confirmation of a career pathway and assessment of college ready skills.
Students who successfully complete this course will:
Demonstrate literal and inferential reading/listening skills for comprehension and vocabulary development:
- Use critical thinking skills to research and analyze career options
- Have knowledge of college and community resources and be able to connect resources to their pathway)
- Create a plan to have appropriate steps completed to progress along their pathway
Communicate clearly and effectively:
- Demonstrate the ability to create and revise materials commonly needed to obtain employment
- Be able to communicate clearly their career goals and articulate the path to goal achievement
Demonstrate skills in mathematical reasoning and application:
- Develop a funding plan for college and demonstrate the money management skills important to being a college student
Apply technology to enhance learning:
- Be able to use technology to find and evaluate information
- Have all necessary steps completed to taking classes along their career pathway
This course does not meet any degree requirements.
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)