Oct 22, 2021
WELD 102 - Related Welding II
Students are required to be present for the first day of class. Failure to attend on the first day is grounds to be dropped from the course. A theory-lab course to build upon skills learned in WELD 101 . The course promotes proper work habits and safe work practices. Training increases skills with oxy-fuel cutting and common manual and semi-automatic welding processes.
3 theory hours.
Guided Practice Hours
6 guided practice hours.
Vocational Program Course
Vocational program course.
AA General Elective
May be used as general elective in the AA degree.
To meet the course standards and demonstrate the ability to meet the outcomes expectation of this course, the student will:
- Work Safely in and around welding operations
- Demonstrate appropriate Workplace Behaviors
- Demonstrate professional and responsible personal conduct
- Demonstrate ability to comply with organizational rules and policies
- Demonstrate skills and knowledge relevant to the industry in Technical Proficiency
- Safely set up and operate common manual and semi-automatic welding and cutting equipment
- Apply fillet welds with GTAW
- Apply V-groove welds with SMAW and FCAW
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)