Oct 22, 2021
WELD 103 - Related Welding III
Students are required to be present for the first day of class. Failure to attend on the first day is grounds to be dropped from the course. A theory-lab course to build upon skills learned in WELD 101 and WELD 102 . The course promotes proper work habits and safe work practices. Advanced joint configurations are cut, fit, and welded with common manual and semi-automatic cutting and welding processes. Students will be provided the opportunity to practice for certification testing.
3 theory hours.
Guided Practice Hours
6 guided practice hours.
Vocational Program Course
Vocational program course.
AA General Elective
May be used as a general elective in the AA degree.
To meet the course standards and demonstrate the ability to meet the outcomes expectation of this course, the student will:
- Work Safely in and around welding operations
- Demonstrate appropriate Workplace Behaviors
- Demonstrate professional and responsible personal conduct
- Demonstrate ability to comply with organizational rules and policies
- Demonstrate skills and knowledge relevant to the industry in Technical Proficiency
- Safely set up and operate common manual and semi-automatic welding and cutting equipment
- Apply V-groove welds on steel pipe and stainless steel tubing
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)