Oct 22, 2021
WELD 240 - Credits Pipe Welding I
Placement in ENGL 060 , READ 080 , MATH 060 with “B” or better or placement in MATH 100 or BMCT score of 38 or higher.
Instructor permission required. A theory-lab course to build upon skills learned in WELD 110 through WELD 130 . Pipe is stick and TIG welded in all positions.
8 theory hours.
Guided Practice Hours
16 guided practice hours.
Vocational Program Course
Vocational program course.
AA General Elective
May be used as a general elective in the AA degree.
The welder will:
- Work Safely in and around welding operations
- Demonstrate appropriate Workplace Behaviors
- Demonstrate professional and responsible personal conduct
- Demonstrate ability to comply with organizational rules and policies
- Demonstrate skills and knowledge relevant to the industry in Technical Proficiency
- Access technical data from reference publications and charts
- Measure accurately with a tape and scale
- Perform basic mathematic calculations in relation to assignments
- Set up and operate common manual and semi automatic welding and cutting
- Perform basic fit-up and welding of pipe butt joints in all positions
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)