Oct 22, 2021
WELD 249 - Flux Cored Arc Welding for Construction
Completion of WELD 248 with a “C” or better, and instructor permission.
A lecture-lab course to build upon skills learned in WELD 110 through WELD 248 . Course emphasizes code quality FCAW-S welding in all positions on structural shapes, and with restricted access.
8 theory hours.
Guided Practice Hours
16 guided practice hours.
Vocational Program Course
Vocational program course.
AA General Elective
May be used as a general elective in the AA degree.
The welder will:
- Work Safely in and around welding operations
- Demonstrate appropriate Workplace Behaviors
- Demonstrate professional and responsible personal conduct
- Demonstrate ability to comply with organizational rules and policies
- Demonstrate skills and knowledge relevant to the industry in Technical Proficiency
- Access technical data from reference publications and charts
- Measure accurately with a tape and scale
- Perform basic mathematic calculations in relation to assignments
- Set up and operate common manual and semi automatic welding and cutting equipment
- Apply fillet and groove welds to industry acceptance criteria (AWS, WABO) in all positions with restricted access using FCAW-S
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)