Oct 22, 2021
WELD 265 - Pipe Certification
Completion of WELD 260 with a “C” or better, and instructor permission.
A theory-lab course to build upon skills learned in WELD 260 . Course covers selected industry qualification test requirements, procedures, and acceptance standards. Successful welders will practice and pass selected pipe qualification tests. Testing fees apply for each test. Course includes a capstone exam to ensure retention of competency in previous Welding Technology program course topics.
8 theory hours.
Guided Practice Hours
16 guided practice hours.
Vocational Program Course
Vocational program course.
AA General Elective
May be used as a general elective in the AA degree.
The welder will:
- Work Safely in and around welding operations
- Demonstrate appropriate Workplace Behaviors
- Demonstrate professional and responsible personal conduct
- Demonstrate ability to comply with organizational rules and policies
- Demonstrate skills and knowledge relevant to the industry in Technical Proficiency
- Access technical data from reference publications and charts
- Measure accurately with a tape and scale
- Perform basic mathematic calculations in relation to assignments
- Set up and operate common manual and semi automatic welding and cutting equipment
- Weld to WABO 27-13 welder qualification standards in all positions on structural pipe with the Gas Tungsten Arc Welding and Shielded Metal Arc Welding processes
- Prepare specimens for destructive testing
- Visually examine and evaluate welds to written acceptance criteria
- Demonstrate mastery and retention of skills and knowledge from Weld 100 through 260
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)