Sep 21, 2021
ACCT 180 - Accounting with SAGE
ACCT 114 or ACCT& 201 , and BTECH 102 , or instructor permission.
Introduction to computer applications in an accounting environment. Students will analyze transactions, enter data into a computerized accounting system and prepare various financial reports. Included are integrated general ledgers, accounts receivable and payable, depreciation, inventory and payroll systems.
3 theory hours.
Guided Practice Hours
4 guided practice hours.
Vocational Program Course
Vocational program course.
AA General Elective
May be used as a general elective in the AA degree.
Students will learn to process and manage all the transactions that are imperative for a merchandising business, including:
- Compute the net realizable value
- Understand and use the controls essential to prevent errors that might occur when handling cash
- Calculate and process all the transactions associated with inventory
- Computer, examine and utilize the financial information on the standard reports
- Calculate interest on notes payable and notes receivable
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)