Sep 21, 2023
GEOL& 101 - Introduction to Physical Geology
ENGL 095 or placement in ENGL& 101 .
MATH 097 or placement in MATH 098 .
A study of the Earth, its materials, the development of landforms and the geologic processes involved. Common rocks, minerals, and geologic maps are studied in the laboratory. In the fall, a field trip to Mt. St. Helens to study volcanic processes is planned.
AA Specified Elective
Satisfies science or lab requirement area D distribution or specified elective in the AA degree.
- To develop critical thinking skills and to expose students to the scientific process and the scientific method
- Help provide students the skills needed to continue learning throughout their lives
- To introduce the student to the basic concepts of the terrestrial environment. These include its age, composition, structure, and the processes that continually shape the surface of the planet
- To develop an awareness and appreciation of our natural surroundings
- Gain experience obtaining and analyzing experimental data
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)