Sep 21, 2023
MEDAS 134 - Healthcare Calculations
Acceptance into the MEDAS program and completion of all MEDAS courses with a grade of “B-” or better.
This course presents math as used in ambulatory healthcare. Dosage calculations, reference ranges, temperature conversions, growth charts, and use of the metric system.
3 theory hours.
Vocational Program Course
Vocational program course.
AA General Elective
May be used as a general elective in the AA degree.
- Demonstrate knowledge of basic math computations
- Apply mathematical computations to solve equations
- Define basic units of measurement in:
- the metric system
- the household system
- Convert among measurement systems
- Identify abbreviations and symbols used in calculating medication dosages
Acceptance into the Medical Assistant program required.
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)