Sep 21, 2023
MUSC& 132 - Music Theory 2
Concurrent enrollment in MUSC& 122 or instructor permission.
MUSC& 121 , MUSC& 131 .
Continuation of MUSC& 131 with emphasis on harmonic analysis and four-part writing.
AA Specified Elective
Satisfies specified elective requirement for the AA degree.
The goals of this course are to improve students’ performance in the following areas:
- Comprehend elementary note reading, rhythm reading, keyboard identification, interval identification, chord building, scale building, cadence identification, and conventional part-writing procedures for tonic, dominant and subdominant triads
- Analyze and synthesize the above mentioned elements of music
- Think critically about the elements of music
- Work with other classmates to solve harmonizing and voicing problems
- Think critically about analytical issues in music and about one’s own responses
- Develop essays from critical and analytical responses to the text and to class discussions as well as outside research
- Analyze and synthesize ideas from listening to live performances. Develop critical and analytical responses to those performances
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)