Dec 09, 2023
NUTR 214 - Nutrition in Healthcare IV
Completion of NUTR 116 .
NURS 271 - Advanced Nursing Concepts 1 .
Examines the scientific, social, economic, cultural, ethnic, and psychological implications of nutrition in relation to selected health issues across the lifespan and in the context of the healthcare profession. This course is presented in a series that builds on the previous course content from introductory concepts to analysis of complex nutritional health care issues. This course is embedded into the nursing core courses in an integrated format. This is the fourth course of five.
1 theory hour.
- Identify three routes used to deliver nutrients to clients and potential complications with these routes
- Identify measures to increase oral intake for anorexic, immunosuppressed or mouth ulcerated clients with cancer
- Define cachexia and correlate its characteristics with the challenges of managing the condition
- Discuss why malnutrition is commonly seen in clients with HIV and AIDS
- Discuss the ethical and legal considerations for feeding a terminally ill client
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)