Dec 09, 2023
PE 129 - Weight Lifting
Apparent good health or physician’s approval for participation with modifications.
This class is designed to orient the student to the correct use of weight training equipment for the purposes of lifetime fitness. Instruction will focus on lifting for the purposes of strength and conditioning.
Guided Practice Hours
2 guided practice hours.
AA General Elective
Up to 3 PE activity credits can be used as general electives in the AA degree.
- Learn and apply weight lifting techniques
- Choose a workout program
- Organize a workout program
- Evaluate the importance of weight lifting exercise as a supplement to a fit lifestyle
- Recognize safety procedures and participate in an atmosphere of cooperation
- Complete a fitness profile assessment at the end of the quarter
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)