Dec 09, 2023
PHIL 216 - Ethics and Policy in Healthcare V
PHIL 215 .
NURS 273 .
Explores values, ethics and legal decision-making frameworks and policies used to support the well-being of people and groups within the context of the healthcare professions. This course is presented in a series that builds on the previous course content from introductory concepts to analysis of complex ethical healthcare issues. This course is embedded into the nursing core courses in an integrated format. This is the final course of five.
1 theory hour.
- Analyze how Evidence Based Practice and Quality Assurance programs benefit the healthcare consumer
- Analyze the ethical dilemma that arises from the need for a healthcare organization to contain costs and the possible subsequent effect on patient safety
- Explore how nursing professional organizations enhance safety and education in healthcare
- Evaluate the importance of personal professional development and State Continuing Competency Programs for healthcare providers
- Analyze the roles of various healthcare providers in complex bioethical dilemmas
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)