Jun 01, 2023
BTECH 205 - Records and Information Management
A grade of “C” or higher in both MATH 070 and BTECH 102 , or instructor permission.
This course is a study of the principles of filing classification, storage, retrieval, and management of paper and electronic business records. Introduction to database software with hands-on practice in the maintenance and management of computerized databases.
5 theory hours.
Vocational Program Course
Vocational program course.
AA General Elective
May be used as a general elective in the AA degree.
- Explain terminology used in records management
- Correctly describe the functions of the life cycle of records
- Explain systems/procedures used to maintain, process, and communicate information
- Apply classification systems and alphabetic indexing rules
- Describe various types of filing equipment and supplies
- Define forms management
- Effectively use micrographics and automated electronic records systems to obtain information
- Identify records storage, retention, disposition, and archiving functions
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)