Dec 09, 2023
MUSIC 218 - Intermediate Piano II
MUSIC 217 or instructor permission.
This course, a continuation of MUSIC 217 , reviews harmonizing, accompanying, transposing and sight reading skills and introduces voicing seventh chords and jazz symbols. Repertoire from various historical periods, history and corresponding keyboard ornamentation and some jazz harmonizations. Music majors have specific qualifications to fulfill for this course.
Guided Practice Hours
2 guided practice hours.
AA Specified Elective
Satisfies specified elective requirement for the AA degree.
- Completion of Alfred Group Piano text in one year- approximately ten units each quarter
- Development of functional skills at the keyboard, that is to be able to sight-read keyboard music adequately, improvise and play lead lines with accompaniment, and play selected repertoire
- Development of the ear through playing, listening, and critiquing
- Discovery of the joy of making music by oneself and with a group
- Ability to analyze and evaluate music
- Completion of Keyboard proficiency exam
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)