Dec 09, 2023
NURS 135 - Introduction to Pharmacology Concepts
Acceptance to the Nursing Program.
NURS 171 - Nursing Concepts 1: Fundamentals
The student examines the application of nursing process as it relates to pharmacology. Students will review basic math skills necessary for safe dosage calculations; and learn pharmacology principles and legal considerations.
1 theory hour.
Vocational Program Course
Vocational program course.
By the completion of the course, the student will be able to:
- Describes the principles of pharmacology as they relate to the role of nursing in drug therapy management
- Use math principles and methods essential for safe drug dosing
- Identify the knowledge, skills, and attitudes necessary to administer medications correctly and safely
- Use textbooks, professional literature, audiovisual materials, and computer assisted learning programs to demonstrate understanding of pharmacological concepts
- Discuss therapeutic actions, adverse reactions, drug and food interactions, and nursing implications of drugs to treat selected health alterations
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)