Dec 09, 2023
NURS 272 - Advanced Nursing Concepts 2
Completion of NURS 271 with a grade of “B-” or better.
NUTR 215 , PHIL 215 , PSYC 215 .
Students will build on the application of complex concepts related to the safe care of diverse patients throughout the lifespan. This will include analysis of nursing practice appropriate for patients with multi system, critically ill and/or emergent conditions. Students will have opportunities to apply learning in various settings such as acute care, critical care and the community. This course continues to build on embedded psychosocial, ethical and nutritional concepts.
3 theory hours.
Guided Practice Hours
12 guided practice hours per week.
Vocational Program Course
Vocational program course.
AA General Elective
May be used as a general elective in the AA degree.
- Analyze Quality Improvement initiatives to optimize safe patient outcomes across the lifespan (E)
- Integrate essential assessment data to exercise clinical judgment when caring for complex multi-system health alterations in a variety of settings
- Evaluate leadership & collaborative practices with complex multi-system health alterations
- Validate best practices using simulation technology to care for a client with critical health alterations
- Implement an individualized patient-centered care teaching plan for culturally diverse patients with complex multi-system health alterations, using current evidence
- Integrate Clinical Nutrition concepts into patients needing complex care (N)
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)