Dec 09, 2023
NUTR 114 - Nutrition in Healthcare I
Acceptance to the Nursing Program.
NURS 171 Nursing Concepts 1 .
Examines the scientific, social, economic, cultural, ethnic, and psychological implications of nutrition in relation to selected health issues across the lifespan and in the context of the healthcare profession. This course is presented in a series that builds on the previous course content from introductory concepts to analysis of complex nutritional health care issues. This course is embedded into the nursing core courses in an integrated format. This is the first course of five.
1 theory hour.
- Describe the relationship between nutrition and health
- Identify the six classes of nutrients, their functions, and their essentiality
- Discuss the relationship to health of cholesterol, saturated fat, polyunsaturated fat, trans-fatty acids, and monounsaturated fat
- Describe how energy is measured both in foods and in the human body
- Relate locations of the water by age and gender to the potential for harm caused by imbalances
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)