Dec 09, 2023
PHIL 115 - Ethics and Policy in Healthcare II
PHIL 114 .
NURS 172 .
Explores values, ethics and legal decision-making frameworks and policies used to support the well-being of people and groups within the context of the healthcare professions. This course is presented in a series that builds on the previous course content from introductory concepts to analysis of complex ethical healthcare issues. This course is embedded into the nursing core courses in an integrated format. This is the second course of five.
1 theory hour.
- Explore concepts of quality and safety in standards of care and information privacy
- Identify potential ethical, legal, and confidentiality issues related to Electronic Health Records (EHR) and other healthcare technology
- Explain to patients and their families the purpose and procedure for advance directives
- Explain the concept of advocacy for the rights of the healthcare consumer
- Summarize a structured method for ethical decision making (Nursing process)
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)