Jun 05, 2023
BA 258 - Principles of Management
READ 090 , ENGL 095 or instructor permission.
A study of leadership and executive behavior and how to develop a successful leadership style. Employee motivation, managerial environment, planning, controlling, and organizing are also studied. A “systems” approach to management is emphasized.
5 theory hours.
Vocational Program Course
Vocational program course.
AA General Elective
May be used as a general elective in the AA degree.
- Understand the challenges of today’s managers and identify the skills and characteristics of a successful manager
- Explain the importance of teamwork and how to lead a team to higher productivity
- Understand how to utilize plans and controls
- Describe guidelines for making decisions and thinking creatively
- Identify ways managers can communicate, motivate, and discipline employees
- Gain the skills to become a better manager
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)