Sep 21, 2023
BTECH 132 - Medical Records - Insurance Billing and Coding
AHLTH 150 or instructor permission.
Provides knowledge and skill in organizing and processing medical bills utilizing industry standard coding methods and manually completed CMS billing forms.
3 theory hours.
Vocational Program Course
Vocational program course.
AA General Elective
May be used as a general elective in the AA degree.
- Understand the various types of insurance and their billing requirements. (Disciplinary Learning)
- Understand the proper completion of a CMS 1500 form. (Using Resources,Literacy, and Critical Thinking)
- Understand ICD-9-CM, ICD-10-CM, CPT and HCPCS coding systems (Using Resources, Literacy, Critical Thinking)
- Continue gaining knowledge of medical terminology through coding, proofreading and billing.(Critical Thinking, Literacy, Using Resources)
- Enhance communication and interpersonal skills. (Literacy, Social and Personal Responsibility)
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)