Feb 22, 2024
AHLTH 150 - Comprehensive Medical Terminology
READ 090 or placement in college level reading.
This course presents a comprehensive systems approach to the study of selected roots, prefixes, and suffixes; principles of word building; study of diagnostic, operative, and symptomatic terms of the various systems of the body. There is an emphasis on accurate spelling and pronunciation of all medical terms. Study includes common medical abbreviations, selected eponyms, clinical laboratory procedures and radiology procedures with associated terminology for each body system.
5 theory hours.
Vocational Program Course
Vocational program course.
AA General Elective
May be used as a general elective in the AA degree.
- Form and analyze medical terms after memorizing word elements
- Spell medical terms
- Form singular, plural, and adjective forms of medical terms
- Identify and translate medical abbreviations and symbols
- Demonstrate the ability to identify, recognize, and understand medical terms correctly when used in a common medical context
- Demonstrate the ability to identify, recognize and correctly associate medical terms as they relate to anatomy
- Demonstrate an understanding of common and standard diagnostic and therapeutic procedures
- Demonstrate an understanding of the basic anatomy and physiology
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)