Sep 21, 2023
MATH 111 - Introduction to Finite Mathematics
A grade of “C-” or better in MATH 098 , or appropriate placement score.
MATH 111 is designed for transfer students majoring in business, and many of the social sciences. In addition to the prerequisite, it is assumed that students have a working knowledge of the material from MATH 098 . Topics covered include linear, quadratic, exponential and logarithmic functions, systems of linear equations and inequalities with solution by simplex methods, and financial math. Applications are drawn from business, economics, and the management and social sciences.
5 theory hours.
AA Specified Elective
Satisfies quantitative skills requirement, science distribution area F requirement, or specified elective for the AA degree.
- Apply linear functions and equations to Business and Economics
- Apply quadratic functions and equations to Business and Economics
- Apply linear programming to Business
- Solve growth and decay problems
- Solve problems involving loans and annuities
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)