Jun 01, 2023
BIOL& 260 - Microbiology with Lab
BIOL& 160 or BIOL& 211 and CHEM& 121 with a grade of “C” or better and concurrent enrollment in BIOL& 260 Lab.
Basic microbiological concepts and techniques. The role of microorganisms in health and disease.
4 theory hours.
Guided Practice Hours
4 guided practice hours.
AA Specified Elective
Satisfies science or lab requirement area A distribution or specified elective for the AA degree.
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to fulfill the following Science Program Outcomes:
- Understand the nature of science, including the role of observation in the development of scientific theories and laws
- Display knowledge of basic microbiology concepts
- Use the languages of science to interpret and communicate scientific information
- Think critically and communicate understanding of microbiology concepts
- Use scientific knowledge to analyze and evaluate data and solve problems; and obtain and analyze experimental data
- Applying understanding of microbiology to guided practice
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)