Jun 01, 2023
BIOL& 100 - Survey of Biology with Lab
READ 090 or placement in college level reading.
ENGL 095 or placement in ENGL& 101 , concurrent enrollment in BIOL& 100 Lab.
This is an introductory biology course intended for nonmajors and will not serve as prerequisite for other biology courses. The course deals with the process of science, evolutionary concepts, and modern applications in biology and bioethics.
4 theory hours.
Guided Practice Hours
2 guided practice hours.
AA Specified Elective
Satisfies science or lab requirement area A distribution or specified elective for the AA degree.
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to fulfill the following Science Program Outcomes:
- Understand the nature of science, including the role of observation in the development of scientific theories and laws
- Display knowledge of basic biology science concepts
- Use the languages of science to interpret and communicate scientific information
- Think critically and communicate understanding of biology science concepts
- Use scientific knowledge to analyze and evaluate data and solve problems; and obtain and analyze experimental data
- Applying understanding of biology to guided practice
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)